Patches & Updates: Command: Modern AirNaval Operations gets Updated
V1.01 patch released for Command following post-release user feedback, plus new features and scenarios
- air combat, real-time, strategic, tactical, present day / near future, naval combat, simulation, advanced, real-time pausable, pc, english, 1, yes, moddable data files, operational
Just two weeks after its arrival, which set a new standard in the modern naval/air warfare simulation games genre, Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations is about to get even better thanks to the v1.01 Update provided by Warfare Sims (www.warfaresims.com).
The v1.01 Update fixes virtually all consistent crash bugs and AI bugs (vastly reduced airbase traffic jams, no more "my bombs aren't dropping"). It also features a massive performance increase, both for UI (map zoom/pan) and sim execution (which in turn means even better scalability). Also the high-fidelity mode (0.1 sec pulse in real-time) is now optional instead of mandatory so Command runs great even on low-spec machines - and screams on capable rigs.
This first update contains also enhancements in the UI and the Data Base viewer and improvements in the Scene Editor and in the Simulation mechanics.
Four new scenarios previously available separately (community downloads) are now part of the standard release too:
- Brother against Brother
- Canary's Cage
- Choking Halifax
- Fighter Weapons School - GAT 5&6
Read below the full changelog:
V1.00 – October 8, 2013
- 0005443:  Crash on Zoom
- 0005533: Game just stops, get error message when trying to save scenario
- 0005546:  No Nav Zones not working properly
- 0005528:  Edit Exclusion zoneDialog bug
- 0005543:  Freeze in basic air ops
- 0005496: Sensor dialog Crash
- 0005503:  Maria & Victoria
- 0005605: Crash: Stanavforlant crashes with a NullReferenceException
- 0005646:  Can still clog a carrier or airbase by readying aircraft on elevators
- 0005592: Aircraft should accept ready/rearm command _only_ when parked
- 0005260: Zooming on mouse scroll wheel
- 0004409: Sonobouys clutter the display. Possibly to fade the or have an on/off view.
- 0005650: Deselect all RPs hotkey
- 0005667: OOM Exception, Red-X-of-doom
- 0005652: Loading a scenario while another scenario runs causes sim to freeze up
- 0005617: SOSUS not working
- 0005013: Add Unit dialog should remember the country from the previous inserted platform
- 0005676:  Can't manually deploy active sonobouy from TU-142 bear
- 0005488: KDX update
- 0004857: Chinese OTH-B and OTH-SW radars
- 0005562: Swiss radars
- 0003319: DB3K: Swiss BL-64
- 0005570: Swiss radar ER-220
- 0005569: Swiss radar LGR-1
- 0005610: Load out mispelling
- 0005576: Swiss radar TPS-1E
- 0005571: Swiss radar ZW9/ZW10
- 0003320: DB3K: Swiss "FLORIDA" EW radar
- 0005577: Photos and text placed incorrectly in DB viewer
- 0005596: Zumwalt Needs Helo Magazine
- 0005598: DB3k Minor Text Edits
- 0005714:  Slow down after assigning Backfire groups to ASuw Mission
- 0005511: Possible for a Player to set a 0 speed.
- 0005718: Get rid of NUM LOCK requirement
- 0005675: Repetative BDA Reports
- 0005734: Assorted tutorials issues
- 0005556:  SEAD patrol kirks
- 0005121: It should not be possible to arm/take off aircraft with maintenance/unavailable loadouts
- 0005698: Kilter misses by stupid amount
- 0005730:  Weird Shrike Behavior
- 0005069: Shrike ARM misses by several kilometers
- 0005699: Maria and Victoria Again
- 0005672: Mixed Shrike and CBU Issue
- 0005750: A-7 CBU-59 and Shrike Loadout a bad match
- 005735: Excessive dive rates for subs & aircraft
- 0004279: IRIAF F-14 update
- 0005560: DB3k Update: Combat Aircraft Mag Article on Iranian F-14's
- 0005771: ARM's not firing at Search Radar
- 0005770: F-4G Wild Weasel w/ AGM-78 Standard ARM not working at all (Build 440)
- 0005693:  BCGN Shooting SA-N-6 at Tico with no hits.
New Features and Improvements
- Significant performance improvements both on UI map operations (zoom/pan) and sim execution.
- Enhanced stability.
- Added button "Abort Launch" on Air Ops menu. When clicked, any of the selected aircraft which is preparing to launch will abort the sequence and attempt to return to an available parking facility.
- Only aircraft that are in a parking facility can be armed (solves problem of airbase traffic jams due to aircraft being readied while on transit points).
- Added game option: Zoom map to mouse cursor location (instead of camera center).
- Added new game option: Sonobuoy Visibility. Available settings are: Normal, Ghosted and Do Not Show (not reccomended).
- Added new reference-point menu command: De-select all reference points.
- Command's hitherto mandatory high-fidelity mode (0.1-sec pulse length) at 1:1 time setting, is now optional: New game option, "High Fidelity Mode", enabled by default. To switch to 1-sec pulse length at 1:1 (aka coarse mode, similar to how Harpoon 3 runs at 1:1), disable this option. This has the effect of dramatically speeding up gameplay at 1:1 setting.
- DB viewer addition: Dedicated weapon page. Search, filtering etc. work just like any other unit type (except that country-level filtering is not available for weapons). File naming conventions for images & text
- descriptions are Weapon_XXX.jpg and Weapon_XXX.txt respectively.
- While having a weapon selected on the map, clicking on the weapon-class button on the unit status window will bring up the weapon's relevant page in the DB viewer.
- Hold-fire can now be issued on multi-selected units, in addition to single units and groups.
- DB viewer improvements: Valid Targets on weapon page, per-engine maximum speed displayed on powerplant section for all platforms (particularly useful for diesel-electric submarines).
- The "Add Unit" window now remembers all selection filters used on the last unit addition and re-applies them whenever called up.
- Aircraft now drop their ordnance much more reliably without manual control (we'd love to boast "100% reliably" but that's just an invitation for an edge case to pop up and throw egg on our face).
- Helmet-mounted sights (HMS) are now taken into account when deciding how much off-boresight an aircraft can shoot an AAM.
- Aircraft & submarines have more realistic dive rates.
- Ships can now effectively use semi-active SAMs in anti-surface mode, as they are taking terminal illumination concerns into account during pre-fire checks.
- Includes updated versions of DB3000 and CWDB. Some of the changes include:
- CH-47F Chinook -- Australia (Army), 2015, 7x
- LHD 01 Canberra [Juan Carlos Class] -- Australia (Navy), 2017, 4x LCM-1E
- LCM-1E -- Australia (Navy), 2015, 12x
- LCM-8 -- Australia (Navy), 1967, 11x
- L 100 Choules [Bay Class] -- Australia (Navy), 2013, Ex-Largs Bay, 1x LCM-8, 2x LCVP, No LCM-1E
- Combined ARM/CBU loadouts have new mission profiles, using Hi-Lo-Hi instead of Hi-Med-Hi.
- SUU-23 gun pods in A/G loadouts on F-4C/D
- SUU-23 loadouts on RAF Phantoms
- Bo-105CBS -- Canada (Coast Guard), 1984, 16x
- AC-130J Ghostrider -- United States (Air Force), 2015, Upgr MC-130J Commando II
- MC-130J Commando II -- United States (Air Force), 2013, 4x + Xx, Ex-Combat Shadow II
- Camcopter S-100 -- China (Navy), 2012, 18x
- Camcopter S-100 -- Libya (Army), 2010, 4x, Khamis Brigade
- CCGS Cape Roger -- Canada (Coast Guard), 1978
- CCGS Cape Roger -- Canada (Coast Guard), 1997, Refit
- Civilian RHIB [11m] -- Civilian (Civilian)
- Civilian RHIB [7m, Armed] -- Civilian (Civilian), Pirate
- Civilian RHIB [7m] -- Civilian (Civilian)
- DDG 991 Sejong the Great [KDX-3] -- South Korea (Navy), 2014, K-ASROC, Hyunmoo-3C
- DDH 971 Gwanggaeto the Great [KDX-1] -- South Korea (Navy), 2003
- DDH 978 Wang Geon [KDX-2 Mod] -- South Korea (Navy), 2014, K-ASROC, Hyunmoo-3C
- F 230 Norfolk [Type 23 Duke] -- United Kingdom (Royal Navy), 2013, Type 997
- F 230 Norfolk [Type 23 Duke] -- United Kingdom (Royal Navy), 2017, CAMM(M)
- F 236 Montrose [Type 23 Duke] -- United Kingdom (Royal Navy), 2014, Type 997
- F 236 Montrose [Type 23 Duke] -- United Kingdom (Royal Navy), 2017, CAMM(M)
- P 71 Serviola -- Spain (Navy), 1993
- Radar (9ZW/10ZW HF) -- Switzerland (Air Force), 1966-1998, 2x, Assoc w AN/FPS-20A
- Radar (AN/FPS-20A) -- Switzerland (Air Force), 1966-1998, 1x, Assoc w 9ZW/10ZW HF
- Radar (AN/TPS-1E) -- Switzerland (Air Force), 1958-1989, 24x, AAA Support
- Radar (Big Bird C [64N6]) -- Algeria (Air Force), 2009, SA-20
- Radar (China OTH-B Receiver) -- China (Air Force)
- Radar (China OTH-B Transmitter) -- China (Air Force)
- Radar (China OTH-SW Receiver) -- China (Air Force), 2003
- Radar (China OTH-SW Transmitter) -- China (Air Force), 2003
- Radar (H(R)-500) -- Switzerland (Air Force), 1970-2003, 3x, Florida System
- Radar (Jindalee JORN Receiver) -- Australia (Air Force), 1983
- Radar (PS-47/F) -- Sweden (Air Force), 1965-1993, 9x
- Radar (PS-68/F) -- Sweden (Air Force), 1964-1980, 1x
- SAM Bn (SA-20b Gargoyle [S-300PMU-2]) -- Algeria (Air Force), 2009, 4x TEL, 2x Bn + 96L6E, 8x Bn
- SAM Bn (SA-21a/b Growler [S-400 Triumph]) -- Russia [1992-] (Air Force), 2013, 12x TEL
- SAM Sqn (Bloodhound 2 [BL-64]) -- Switzerland (Royal Air Force), 1965-1999, 1x Training Site, 1x Sec, 4x lnchr
- SAM Sqn (Bloodhound 2 [BL-64]) -- Switzerland (Royal Air Force), 1965-1999, 2x Sites, 1x Sec, 8x lnchr
- SAM Sqn (Bloodhound 2 [BL-64]) -- Switzerland (Royal Air Force), 1965-1999, 3x Sites, 2x Sec, 16x lnchr
- AIM-54A Phoenix [Fakour-90] -- 2012, SARH
- Sea Ceptor [CAMM(M)] -- 2017
- Hyunmoo-3C -- South Korea, 2013, Xuanwu 3
To download the update, players can run “Check for Update” via the game menu or download it directly from the game’s download page.
Get more information about Command Modern Air/Naval Operations on its official product page.