Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)

Page 2 of 6 :

All Forums : [ENLISTMENT & FEEDBACK] : Wargamer Feedback & Forum/Site Rules > ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)
16 JAN 2012 at 2:38am

SiTheSly

Centurion
Centurion

Harping on again about the login, its seems that I have to log in about once every 12 hours. Before it seemed to last for days.

On reflection I see this as being fair although I would not rate wargamer.com as holding particularly sensitive data.

What does bug me is having to do that annoying alphabet code.

I can understand that is needed for when you sign up and need to know its not a bot but can a bot really guess my user name/email plus my password? Do you need to have that extra check?

It also seems that now one can sign in to many sites using facebook or google or some other social network which conveniently then allows you to access a whole spectrum of services. OK, maybe that is asking a bit too much but if you did a poll I bet it would be the number one thing that people would want changed - A simple login.

1st Quarter 2012 login complaining over with. 

Profile Search

16 JAN 2012 at 6:45pm

critter_1

Hoplite
Hoplite

I still am unable to log into R&P. Will someone in charge help me?

Profile Search
16 JAN 2012 at 10:40pm

Martok

Colonel
Colonel

^  I second this request.  We miss critter down there! 

(Hmm.  That didn't come out quite the way I wanted it to...) 

"I happen to believe that both parties deserve a good scouring with a metal brush and sent to their room without reelection" - Steelgrave

The Old Guard

Profile Search
18 JAN 2012 at 12:04pm

Reich36

Commander
Commander

I put the sopa/ blackout javascript in my signature. so the blackout will occur if I post, any suggestions on getting rid of it?

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 10:10am

LongBlade

General
General

Originally Posted By Silent Disapproval Robot (21 DEC 2011 5:00pm)

Gus keeps sitting on my side of the internet!

Speaking of Gusington, I got an IM from him just a moment ago - he cannot login or access anything other than the front page of Wargamer.

I am the Ancien Regime

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 11:05am

bootlegger267

Commander
Commander

Same here.  Cant log in to General Gaming Discussions and not getting the "Reply to Post"area at the bottom of the last post in a topic.   Since the redo of the site I keep experiencing various issues/problems as described by others.  Looks like a case of "Fixing something that wasn't broken"

Let the rotten tomato throwing begin!

Bootlegger267

An "Iron Duke" from 2/67 Ar..... Call Sign "Duke Mike Golf"

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 12:57pm

Silent Disapproval Robot

Commander
Commander

Similar issue with me.  If I try to login to post on the forums, I can't get past the front page.  The only way to do it seems to be to open wargamer in two windows, log in on the second window, have that fail, and then refresh the first window which then has me logged in. 

Haven't had this much fun since the days of DOS 6.2 and trying to squeak a few extra KB of memory out of the 640 allotment just to be able to boot something up.

豆腐の角に頭をぶつけて死ね

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 3:05pm

JudgeDredd

Commander
Commander

wow - didn't have to log in!!

But another change in forum software?? We're all too old for all these changes!

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 3:23pm

Steelgrave

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By JudgeDredd (22 JAN 2012 3:05pm)

If at first you don't succeed........

"When in danger, or in doubt.....run in circles, scream and shout!!!", author Herman Wouk.

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 4:28pm

bbmike

Centurion
Centurion

Yeah, I couldn't log in for a while either. And now that I can everyone's avatar is giant sized, screwing up the forums. 

Last edited by bbmike : 22 JAN 2012 4:29pm
Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 4:43pm

Steelgrave

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By bbmike (22 JAN 2012 4:28pm)

Yeah, I couldn't log in for a while either. And now that I can everyone's avatar is giant sized, screwing up the forums. 

BB, that was happening to me earlier, but now the avatars are normal size. Maybe log off and back on, amigo?

"When in danger, or in doubt.....run in circles, scream and shout!!!", author Herman Wouk.

Profile Search

22 JAN 2012 at 4:51pm

bbmike

Centurion
Centurion

Originally Posted By Steelgrave (22 JAN 2012 4:43pm)

BB, that was happening to me earlier, but now the avatars are normal size. Maybe log off and back on, amigo?

Yes, that worked for me. Thanks Steelgrave!

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 5:14pm

Sigma One

General
General

Hey gents, we're still making some fixes here and there, but if you're having any issues, first try logging in and out, then try pressing CTRL+F5 to force a refresh on your browser. What happens is that there might be a fix or a change that goes on while you're browsing but it won't take until you do that sometimes.

And we are watching this thread, so post here if anything crops up!

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 6:49pm

toonces

Commander
Commander

Same here.

I hate this new forum format.

You know what, guys at Wargamer?  This is becoming a real pain in the rear...like, too much a pain in the rear.  I go to many, many websites that work just fine.  I don't know why Wargamer has so much trouble, but if you can't figure out how to get this to format properly in Firefox then I'm just going to take my toys and go home.  I mean, seriously, enough is enough.

"I am always fondling my nut sack, just to be safe. " - bboyer66

"It's like Mount and Blade got together with Total War and had a game baby."  - Bison36 on Real Warfare Northern Crusades

The Old Guard

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 7:02pm

Sigma One

General
General

Originally Posted By toonces (22 JAN 2012 6:49pm)

Same here.

I hate this new forum format.

You know what, guys at Wargamer?  This is becoming a real pain in the rear...like, too much a pain in the rear.  I go to many, many websites that work just fine.  I don't know why Wargamer has so much trouble, but if you can't figure out how to get this to format properly in Firefox then I'm just going to take my toys and go home.  I mean, seriously, enough is enough.

While I can say we can't please everyone, we try our hardest to. I apologize if the recent server and forum issues is too much to handle. It has been frustrating on our end but I'm very sure that this latest update and maintenance will address any issues that's been cropping up and make things a bit more easier to navigate and use.

As I mention before, hitting CTRL+F5 every now and then, for any site actually, is a good way to make sure you're refreshed to the current site on the broswer, as regular F5 doesn't refresh entirely. 

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 7:34pm

phredd1

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By Steelgrave (22 JAN 2012 3:23pm)

Originally Posted By JudgeDredd (22 JAN 2012 3:05pm)

If at first you don't succeed........

I believe the quote actually reads:

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again, then quit, no sense in making a damn fool of yourself------W.C. Fields

I think we've long since used all the "trys" we've been alloted.........................................................

One mistake, and you're sliding down the razor blade of defeat, and a dull, rusted, and poisoned blade at that.

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 7:37pm

Gusington_1

Hoplite
Hoplite

I have lost my post count, avatar, sig, PM ability, and this is the first time I have been able to log in in 24 hours.

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 7:44pm

Sigma One

General
General

Originally Posted By Gusington (22 JAN 2012 7:37pm)

I have lost my post count, avatar, sig, PM ability, and this is the first time I have been able to log in in 24 hours.

Gus I am absolutely certain that the server does not have a vendetta against you, I'm talking to the webmaster right now to see whats the issue for your account. Maybe there's a 1 where there should be a 2 or 0.

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 7:50pm

Gusington_1

Hoplite
Hoplite

^I don't know man...I also get a false message that I have PMs when in fact I have none. 

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 7:55pm

Sigma One

General
General

Originally Posted By Gusington (22 JAN 2012 7:50pm)

^I don't know man...I also get a false message that I have PMs when in fact I have none. 

Webmaster says you have two accounts, which is probably causing the issue, he disabled one so it should use the proper one when you log in. If you have trouble, email me Gus.

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 8:01pm

Gusington

General
General

Can you read me now?

I'm glad my character uses a shield because I may be taking a bashing here soon.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search

22 JAN 2012 at 8:01pm

Gusington

General
General

^Wow it's like magic. Are you a wizard, Sigma?

I'm glad my character uses a shield because I may be taking a bashing here soon.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 8:04pm

Sigma One

General
General

Originally Posted By Gusington (22 JAN 2012 8:01pm)

^Wow it's like magic. Are you a wizard, Sigma?

Nah, just lucky with a webmaster that makes moves and solves trouble!

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 8:08pm

Gusington

General
General

When asked if you're a wizard you should always answer yes!

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
22 JAN 2012 at 8:42pm

Steelgrave

Colonel
Colonel

Man, whats with these multiple accounts, Gussy? Imagine this....you and Slaak have something in common! HA!

Profile Search
All Forums : [ENLISTMENT & FEEDBACK] : Wargamer Feedback & Forum/Site Rules > ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)

Page 2 of 6 :

Jump to:
15 Members Subscribed To This Topic