Wargamer Home - Forum Home
Welcome Guest, please Login or Register!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register or login before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Topic: ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)

Page 3 of 6 :

All Forums : [ENLISTMENT & FEEDBACK] : Wargamer Feedback & Forum/Site Rules > ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)
23 JAN 2012 at 12:29am

Canuck

Centurion
Centurion

I just wanted to say that I am loving the look of the new forums! Much better than the old ones, thank you.

I don't care about sigs or avatars.  To be complete honest most of the posters' sigs and avatars here are god damn dumb and I'm going to turn them off if I can.  So much wasted screen real estate!  My only problem with the forums is that they seem a fair bit slower than the other forums I visit.  Any idea what the reason for that could be? Perhaps the huge military babes thread is killing it?

Profile Search

23 JAN 2012 at 6:09am

Centurion40

General
General

I blame the proliferation of loud mouthed douchebags who do nothing but complain and belittle others.

"I love Anne Hathaway and her penchant for nudity." -The Dawg of Metal

The Old Guard

Last edited by Centurion40 : 23 JAN 2012 6:10am
Profile Search
23 JAN 2012 at 8:36am

Gusington

General
General

^Me too.

I'm glad my character uses a shield because I may be taking a bashing here soon.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
23 JAN 2012 at 9:05am

bboyer66_1

Hoplite
Hoplite

Originally Posted By Sigma One (22 JAN 2012 7:55pm)

Originally Posted By Gusington (22 JAN 2012 7:50pm)

^I don't know man...I also get a false message that I have PMs when in fact I have none. 

Webmaster says you have two accounts, which is probably causing the issue, he disabled one so it should use the proper one when you log in. If you have trouble, email me Gus.

Sigma

Can you do the same thing for me? So I can have my old account back.Pretty sure I have the same problem.

Profile Search
23 JAN 2012 at 9:15am

Jarhead0331

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Centurion40 (23 JAN 2012 6:09am)

I blame the proliferation of loud mouthed douchebags who do nothing but complain and belittle others.

Pretty sure Sigma was talking about technical issues with the forums when he created this thread.  But you certainly raise a valid possibility! lol

"And They shall know no fear, for they are fear incarnate"

The Old Guard

Profile Search
23 JAN 2012 at 11:50am

Sigma One

General
General

Originally Posted By bboyer66 (23 JAN 2012 9:05am)

Originally Posted By Sigma One (22 JAN 2012 7:55pm)

Originally Posted By Gusington (22 JAN 2012 7:50pm)

^I don't know man...I also get a false message that I have PMs when in fact I have none. 

Webmaster says you have two accounts, which is probably causing the issue, he disabled one so it should use the proper one when you log in. If you have trouble, email me Gus.

Sigma

Can you do the same thing for me? So I can have my old account back.Pretty sure I have the same problem.

I will forward your request along bboyer!  

Profile Search
23 JAN 2012 at 11:18pm

toonces

Commander
Commander

Serious question here.

I understand that the Wargamer is sponsored/owned/has-something-to-do-with Matrix Games.  Why doesn't the Wargamer just use the same forum software as Matrix?

(because if it were that easy, we would have already done it!) is what I'm guessing, but, still...

"I am always fondling my nut sack, just to be safe. " - bboyer66

"It's like Mount and Blade got together with Total War and had a game baby."  - Bison36 on Real Warfare Northern Crusades

The Old Guard

Profile Search
24 JAN 2012 at 5:14am

Canuck

Centurion
Centurion

Are the"new posts" buttons not working? For some reason whenever I click it it takes me to the last post of the thread rather than the first new post like it used to.  And it always says that there are two more new posts than there actually are posts in total (so for example a thread with 13 posts will say "15 new posts").  What is up with that?

Profile Search
24 JAN 2012 at 12:22pm

Tpek

Commander
Commander

Ever since a few days ago when the forum went offline for a a couple of days, I've been experiencing forum trouble.

Indentation,  layout, images, text, everything is pretty much messed up.

Was there some software change that dislikes Firefox???

Profile Search
24 JAN 2012 at 12:30pm

Gusington

General
General

Firefox is definitely the worst...I use IE and Chrome to use all the functionality here with the new update.

I'm glad my character uses a shield because I may be taking a bashing here soon.

- Rayfer

The Old Guard

Profile Search
25 JAN 2012 at 10:16am

Tpek

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By Gusington (24 JAN 2012 12:30pm)

Firefox is definitely the worst...I use IE and Chrome to use all the functionality here with the new update.

I'd rather face the bugs than face IE.

Profile Search

25 JAN 2012 at 9:20pm

Sigma One

General
General

For some reason Firefox doesn't gel well, although for me, Chrome has no problems.

Profile Search
25 JAN 2012 at 9:23pm

Silent Disapproval Robot

Commander
Commander

I use Firefox and haven't had any issues at all since the upgrade a few days ago.

豆腐の角に頭をぶつけて死ね

Profile Search
26 JAN 2012 at 1:20am

Martok

Colonel
Colonel

I too am having issues using the forums with Firefox (version 4.somethingorother).  Hard to believe this ancient version of IE on my work computer is actually having an *easier* time with it! 

Originally Posted By Canuck (24 JAN 2012 5:14am)

Are the"new posts" buttons not working? For some reason whenever I click it it takes me to the last post of the thread rather than the first new post like it used to.  

I'm having problems with this as well (both IE and FF). 

"I happen to believe that both parties deserve a good scouring with a metal brush and sent to their room without reelection" - Steelgrave

The Old Guard

Profile Search
26 JAN 2012 at 4:44pm

Arctic Blast

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By Martok (26 JAN 2012 1:20am)

I too am having issues using the forums with Firefox (version 4.somethingorother).  Hard to believe this ancient version of IE on my work computer is actually having an *easier* time with it! 

Good grief, man...speaking of ancient browser versions. My Firefox is version 9.0.1! Could be the source of some of your issues.

Profile Search
26 JAN 2012 at 9:25pm

Greybriar

Commander
Commander

Originally Posted By Arctic Blast (26 JAN 2012 4:44pm)

Good grief, man...speaking of ancient browser versions. My Firefox is version 9.0.1! Could be the source of some of your issues.

Firefox version 9.0.1 is the newest version of Firefox available. Currently I am using Firefox 3.6.25 (I must have missed v4.x.x somehow!) which works just fine for every other internet forum I visit except for this one.

I am reluctant to update Firefox until it's been out for awhile and has had time to get all the bugs fixed.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Profile Search
27 JAN 2012 at 12:07am

Martok

Colonel
Colonel

Originally Posted By Arctic Blast (26 JAN 2012 4:44pm)

Maybe, maybe not.  I've been hearing bad things about the later versions of FF, and so have held off on "upgrading". 

"I happen to believe that both parties deserve a good scouring with a metal brush and sent to their room without reelection" - Steelgrave

The Old Guard

Profile Search
27 JAN 2012 at 5:21am

Blakjack

Centurion
Centurion

Well, since the latest "upgrade",  the forum looks nicer... I'll git it that.  But now my signature area doesn't display correctly... it shows the HTML code plus does not include the formatting (bold, italics)  Also, last night form topics I read then went back to the discussion area wouldn't show as read.  The number of new replies to a given topic still showed, even though I'd just been in there.  Weird.

If you build an idiot-proof computer, someone will make a better idiot.

The Wargamers Tournament: Phase One Combatant Medal

Profile Search
27 JAN 2012 at 11:07am

Martok

Colonel
Colonel

Update:  Firefox is now working much better.  Not sure what you guys did, but it helped! 

Are the"new posts" buttons not working? For some reason whenever I click it it takes me to the last post of the thread rather than the first new post like it used to.  

I'm having problems with this as well (both IE and FF). 

However, this bit is still not working. 

Originally Posted By Blakjack (27 JAN 2012 5:21am)

Well, since the latest "upgrade",  the forum looks nicer... I'll git it that.  But now my signature area doesn't display correctly... it shows the HTML code plus does not include the formatting (bold, italics)  Also, last night form topics I read then went back to the discussion area wouldn't show as read.  The number of new replies to a given topic still showed, even though I'd just been in there.  Weird.

Blakjack, I had this issue as well.  I was able to fix it, though, by simply going in and re-editing my sig (undoing and then redoing the italics function).  Obviously, I can't say whether or not this solution will work for you as well, but it might be worth a try! 

The Old Guard

Profile Search
28 JAN 2012 at 3:33am

Martok

Colonel
Colonel

What the hell?  I still have to log back in every time I visit the site! 

Honestly, this is ridiculous.  The forum upgrade fails to fix the single biggest issue most of us were having?? 

The Old Guard

Profile Search
28 JAN 2012 at 2:01pm

Sigma One

General
General

I'd say check your cookies, I only have this issue if my PC has been completely rebooted.

Profile Search

29 JAN 2012 at 8:16am

challerain

Centurion
Centurion

Are the"new posts" buttons not working? For some reason whenever I click it it takes me to the last post of the thread rather than the first new post like it used to.  And it always says that there are two more new posts than there actually are posts in total (so for example a thread with 13 posts will say "15 new posts").  What is up with that?

+1 on this issue

Profile Search
13 FEB 2012 at 5:48am

Greybriar

Commander
Commander

Now the threads are not marked read after I view them. I have to mark the forum as read manually and hope there have been no new posts.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Profile Search
13 FEB 2012 at 6:56am

Philippe

Commander
Commander

My avatar dematerialized a few weeks ago and nothing I've tried to do seems to be able to bring it back.  It's a smal jpeg of a detail of David's Presentation of the Eagles which I use as my logo in my Napoleonic mods and as my avatar on several different websites where, for one reason or another, I have to use variations on my name.  I even opened a help ticket a couple of weeks ago, but as yet no response.

I can see the jpeg in the upload section, but whenever I try to update my profile (to get it back to the way it was for the last couple of years) the image path reverts to a default image.

Is there anything that can be done about this?

Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Profile Search
13 FEB 2012 at 2:46pm

Sigma One

General
General

I'll look into it Philippe, have you tried using a different browser to upload it to your profile, and has the size of the image been changed in any way?

Profile Search
All Forums : [ENLISTMENT & FEEDBACK] : Wargamer Feedback & Forum/Site Rules > ***POST HERE*** Any Forum Issues (and ONLY HERE)

Page 3 of 6 :

Jump to:
15 Members Subscribed To This Topic